Sunday 25 February 2018

The Patchsmith's Sampler Block Patterns


Here it is – The Patchsmith’s Sampler Quilt Blocks - a book chock full of fifty fun 6” block patterns.  The book is available in paperback format from Amazon.  BUT ..... this is so much more than a book – it is a year of fabric fun with me, the Patchsmith.

Just a selection of The Patchsmith's Sampler blocks

Each week I will be focussing on one block from the book (yep – I shall start at Block 1 and work through them in order).  There are forty-three patchwork blocks and seven applique blocks – so something for everything.

Some of the blocks are really easy (such as Block 32 – 'Chunky Log Cabin'). 
Block 32 - Chunky Log Cabin

Whilst others, such as Block 43 - 'Chain Link' are a little more tricky.  But don’t worry – I will be here to help you with hints and tips every week from 4th March throughout 2018.   
Block 43 - Chain Link

(If you can’t sew along with me you can still access the hints and tips for the blocks by clicking on the ‘Patchsmith Sampler Blocks’ tab at the top of this page but they will only appear as I sew each block so check back regularly.)

This is a great book for honing your patchwork and applique skills – and the really good news is you can use whatever fabrics you have to hand – after all elephants don’t have to be grey – who wouldn’t love a ‘pink elephant’ or two?
Block 37 - Elephant
So what are you waiting for – The Patchsmith’s Sampler Quilt Blocks pattern book is available now via Amazon

Block 1 - Brick Wall
We begin the sew-along on the 5th March with a great filler block - Brick Wall.

Sew you then ......

16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous booklet! Happy stitching! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Sampler Quilt Blocks book, Amanda!! I have looked at it , and couldn't help but make the first 2 blocks already!! This e book is awesome! I can't wait to sew along with you and create my first Patchsmith Sampler Quilt with you!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. I adore your Window Box block - so pretty.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I want a paper copy of this book. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to have it available in a couple of months.

      Delete
  5. I’m so happy that I chanced upon your post on Pinterest and will be joining in. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice and relaxed and the blocks can be used on all sorts of projects. Glad to have you sewing along.

      Delete
  6. Amanda, this looks like it will be so much fun! I love your style and I'm sure your book will be a big success. I'll mention it on my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    will this book be available as a Paperback ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gene, I hope to have the paperback version on Amazon in June. As they say 'watch this space's.

      Delete
  8. Your blocks are fabulous, fun and SO CUTE !! I saw your star and that really got ME !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love making something out of my stash and this is a great 'something'.

      Delete
  9. I bought the book!! I want the fabric you used, where is it?????

    ReplyDelete