|Quick and Easy Sewing|
1. I wind bobbins. I have my favourite colours and I wind a bobbin or two of each.
2. I tidy up part of my fabric collection. I don’t attempt to tidy the whole lot – just one colour or one fabric range.
|My CD rack ALWAYS need a tidy!|
4. I sharpen my pencils – whether they are chalk, lead or colouring pencils.
5. I clean my feed dogs. I slip off the footplate and dust those dogs with a small brush. My machine runs better because of it.
6. I wipe down my sewing desk, any shelves and the casing of my sewing machine.
7. I pick five fabrics that go well together and put them aside, ready for my next project.
8. I buy supplies on-line. This is the time when I replace worn out scissors, seam rippers, pads, marker pens, purchase general batting, white cotton and printing ink. Anything that I use regularly.
9. Sometimes I have enough time to make something really, really, quick and simple. Check out the 'Across the Pond' tab above and 'Tutorials and Freebies' for some good little patterns.
|Coasters are very quick to make. This one is from my Hobby & Fun Book.|
|Visit The Patchsmith's Pinterest board.|
So there you have it - snatched moments from the Patchsmith's day. What do you do when you can only carve out a short amount of time for yourself?