Sunday 12 April 2015

Tulip Trilogy Wall Quilt

Tulip Trilogy Wall Hanging
Have you been following my BAD (Block-a-Day) project?  If so you will remember blocks 89, 92 and 97 – the three tulip blocks from a free paper-piece design by Regina Grewe.  
Blocks 89, 92 and 97 together at last.
In keeping with my BAD intentions each block is constructed totally from scraps and measures 10” x 4” (slightly bigger than stated on the pattern and I don’t know why!).  I joined the tulips together as suggested in Regina’s pattern before adding a scrappy border cut from some left-over “Bobbins & Bits” jelly roll strips. 
Everlasting Tulips at Patchsmith Palace (Size 19" x 16")
It is tradition in our house to have fresh tulips in the house once the daffodils have finished.  With this beautiful little quiltie I shall start a new tradition – to have tulips in the house all year round!  

Linking to the Le Challenge for April 2015. 

18 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda! Love your tulip quilt... and how nice to have tulips all year round! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I love your work Christine especially how you combine so many different techniques. You are one talented lady.

      Delete
  2. Looking good and that border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. The border is made using some 10" scraps of jelly roll.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! I love this cheerful and bright wallhanging ! What a delight!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wall hanging. Tulips are my favorite flower but the bunnies always eat mine. And what they don't get, the deer finish off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deer prefer roses here in southern England although I am sure they could munch a tulip or two too.

      Delete
  5. Very cheery - the colours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I couldn't decide between red or yellow tulips so I made them combined coloured.

      Delete
  6. Amanda, your tulips look even prettier because of the way you made them scrappy. A bright and happy new tradition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lara. I love using scraps - I think it is the tightwad in me!

      Delete
  7. Tulips are some of my most-loved flowers, too. These are fun, made with paper-piecing. I like them made using the folded corner technique, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many tulip patterns around it is hard to choose which to make next.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful quilt and I love your little egg tree x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous tradition! Such pretty tulips! Thanks for linking to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhh! Love this tradition, Thanks for sharing on le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful and deserving win! I love your tulips wallhanging!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete