Tuesday 3 February 2015

Block 34 - Cluck Cluck Sew-a-Little-Heart

Block 34 - Cluck Cluck Sew Heart
Today’s block for my BAD project (and the ATPSAL February theme) is a 3” patchwork heart design from Cluck Cluck Sew.  Allison, over at Cluck Cluck Sew, has provided measurements for various block sizes ranging from 4” to 10” - you can find them all, together with the tutorial over at Cluck-Cluck-Sew’s blog. 

I wanted a 3” finished block (3½” before borders were added) and thanks to Allison’s clear details it was quite easy to work out that I would need to cut the following:

From HEART fabric two 2” x 3½” rectangles
From BACKGROUND fabric two 2” squares
From BACKGROUND fabric four 7/8” squares (although in all honesty you could cut the small squares to 1” and it won’t make much difference.)

And hey presto another Block is added to my growing BAD collection. 
Yesterday's Block - Block 33 - Love-me-not.
If I can tear myself away from the joy of making little blocks and writing up patterns I might pop back later in the week with a fun tutorial of my own.   

Until then ................

No comments:

Post a Comment