Saturday, 9 February 2013

Snow Days and Spring Days

Valentine Coasters (a free pattern)
How are you getting on with your valentine projects?  You still have time to stitch up a little beauty.  Here are a few suggestions from my pattern shop:
Valentine Hearts
Love Hearts
Cupid's Heart (mug rug/ornie)
If you are all up to date then how about making a spring mug rug to remind you that the snow, wind and rain won’t last for ever.  I have updated two new patterns in my shop this weekend.  Firstly there is April Sky which you can make in any colours you like.  Here it is hand-stitched in rainbow colours
April Sky
And here it is in sunset colours (I call it Marmalade Sky but it is all the same pattern)
Marmalade Sky
If you prefer to look more at the countryside and less to the heavens then look no further than Spring Lambs.  Folk art meets Patchsmith in this cute little mug rug. 
Spring Lambs
I have added the “fast-finish triangles” to the back of Spring Lambs and have this hanging over my workdesk.  It is a favourite already (as are all my mug rugs).
So there you have – things to do whilst you snuggle up indoors on these cold, damp days.  I think it is time for a little patchwork after all this applique.   Mmmmmm, incoming idea “time to invent a new patchwork block”.   Better jot it down whilst I remember it.  Sew until next time .....

p.s. Have you checked out Mug Rug Basics from the tabs at the top of this page.  There is lots of useful information on binding, applique, downloading patterns, printing patterns and so much more.  

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your mug rugs especially the two linked hearts. That's definitely on my list. I think I'll have to do a little shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mug rugs are acorable! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete