I altered the instructions by making the case shorter by 3/4" and I replaced the fusible interfacing with lightweight wadding to provide added protection for the glasses. The finished size is 6" x 2.5" - plenty of room for my reading specs. I loved the way the project came together so quickly. The only thing I would do differently next time is to leave a larger gap for turning the item inside out after stitching - I only left 1" and it was extremely difficult.
I am currently finishing off two Zakka sewing kits from last week for a friend and my sister - one in a jade colourway and the other in autumn hues. I will post pictures once they are finished.
The quilting group on Wednesday was a great success - a lovely set of quilters with so much skill. I shall be going back every other Wednesday. I wasn't really sure what to take so I took my design book and worked on a pattern for a summer table topper/runner. I may create a PDF pattern for it once I see how well it goes together but at the moment I am loving the fabrics and the patchwork. I will post a picture of my progress another day.